The tax office recommends that you gather together the following items that will be needed during the on-line interview process.
· Preprinted tax return mailed to you that includes your PIN
· Compensation and Net Income/Loss Documentation (includes W-2's, 1099's, Schedule(s) for income)
· Unreimbursed Employee Business Expenses
· If you have moved, your addresses and move dates during the tax year
· Amount of Philadelphia Tax Credit (if applicable)
· Schedule G if claiming out of state tax credits
· If required to file a local tax return elsewhere, you will need a completed copy of the other municipality's local tax return (including documentation)
· Proof of non-residency status (if filing at non-resident tax rate)
· If you owe a payment and plan on paying at the time you file, please have available your credit card and/or checking account information (if you prefer to issue an electronic check or schedule an ACH debit)
Follow the step-by-step instructions for the filing process. The program will prompt you to enter information needed to calculate your local tax return. The basic steps are as follows:
· Taxpayer Interview (identifies taxpayer and his/her spouse)
· Residency Interview (sets up address history including tracking of physical address where you resided and mailing address information)
· Income and Adjustments
· Tax Return Summary (calculate tax due and status -refund, even, or balance due)
· Sign and Print
Taxpayers will find an option to select a short or long tax return form. For a significant number of taxpayers, the short form allows taxpayers with simple tax circumstances to reduce the amount of data entry needed to file. Please review the information provided to help you determine whether you should file the short or long form tax return.
Copyright © 2007-2015 - RBA Professional Data Systems, Inc.